There are tons of community-building books so I’m putting together a list for you here. Over the summer I was reading more, but now I’ve been working on reading when I can get to them. I share what I’ve learned in the book reviews I offer inside FCH. I will update this list when I’ve got more books or reviews!
Many of the books can also be found on Audible if you aren’t a big reader.
- Creator to Community Builder: Find Calm While Building an Online Community by Deb Schell.
- People Powered: How Communities Can Supercharge Your Business, Brand, and Teams by Jono Bacon
- Building Community on the Web by Amy Jo Kim
- The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation by Jono Bacon
- Buzzing Communities: How to Build Bigger, Better, and More Active Online Communities by Richard Millington
- Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization
- Get Together: How to build a community with your people — Bailey Richardson, Kevin Huynh, Kai Elmer Sotto — I did a book review on this and you can read that HERE
- Fierce Loyalty: Unlocking the DNA of Wildly Successful Communities — Sarah Robinson
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us — Seth Godin
- The Business of Belonging: How to Make Community your Competitive Advantage by David Spinks — I did a book review on this and you can read it HERE
- Build Your Community: How to Turn Your Customers, Members, and Audiences into a Powerful Online Community by Richard Millington
- Retention Point: The Single Biggest Secret to Membership and Subscription Growth by Robert Skrob
- Building Brand Communities: How Organizations Succeed by Creating Belonging by Carrie Melissa Jones
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller